Seeking the right vendor for your GPS tracking needs can seem to be a daunting task. The market for GPS tracking is flooded with similar looking products, making it difficult to know where to start. So, how do you choose the right supplier for your company?
Our fleet management buyer’s five point checklist is a valuable instrument to educate our consumers and help them understand the process of selecting the right vendor. The process is more about the right fit with your company rather than features and cost. Hence, you need to start by asking the right question – “does this solution meet my company’s needs?” Your objective should be to obtain a solution that solves your business challenges, gets you the support you desire and provides the most value for what is being offered.
Let’s examine the important attributes that you should consider before choosing the right partner for fleet management:
1. Trial Period – Before you make an investment for buying the tracking system, check if the company provides a free trial period for their product. This is an opportunity for you to not only assess their system and test their hardware but also to evaluate whether the product fulfills your business requirement. The trial period offered by the company is also a testament to the confidence of the company in the solution they are offering. It is essential that businesses seeking fleet management solutions take advantage of the trial period to evaluate the solution and make an informed decision.
2. Scalability – Another important factor to consider is the ability of the fleet management solution to scale with your growing business. If you expand your business geography or increase the size of your fleet, can the solution adapt to the changing business environment. When it comes to a GPS fleet tracking solution, scalability is a key criteria to consider because it enables an organization and its fleet to handle the increasing business demands while upholding secure levels of performance.
3. One stop shop – While selecting a GPS tracking vendor, think of the company as a business partner and not just a seller. Does the company have the potential to provide end-to-end solution for fleet management or would you need to approach multiple vendors? Some of the basic capabilities that a robust solution should offer besides tracking are – dashboard for reports, job dispatch solutions, mapping platform, optimized routing and mobile applications.
4. Business strength of the vendor – The overall strength of the company you are venturing into business with is a key factor to evaluate for a smooth long-term partnership. The longevity of most of the companies in the business of fleet tracking remains questionable. It is not wise from an investment perspective to partner with a company that has not established itself in the market. So, it is important to investigate about the operations of the company, their presence in the market, types of solutions that they offer and their existing client profile. Also ensure whether the company is a re-seller or has a product suite of its own
5. Customer Service – The final check would be to assess the customer service of the provider. Ascertain if the company has its own technical team to provide after-sales support to your business. The sales person for the GPS tracking company should act like a consultant, understand your business needs and help you identify areas for improvement. He should help your business by customizing the solution to provide you with the functionality that your business requires. Good customer support will determine if your experience with the vendor will be smooth or frustrating.
Conclusion: In conclusion, we can observe that the quality of business, approach towards customer service and business support are key factors to evaluate while choosing your GPS vendor. It is important to remember that not all fleet management providers have the same capabilities and the variability in these aspects is very high in the industry. Thus, before committing your funds into a GPS solution it is vital to get a clear understanding of your requirement, realize your objectives, ask proper questions and evaluate the vendors based on the checklist suggested to get the best deal for your business.
Going from SGTrack to TrackSYNQ: We do our best to make your journey into the world of fleet management smooth and seamless. On our panel are seasoned consultants to help you identify the solution that is the right fit for your business.
We recently re-branded from SGTrack to TrackSYNQ to reflect our presence beyond Singapore across multiple countries in South East Asia. Progressing on the principles of transparency and quality, we have extended our solution to incorporate 2nd generation MVNO SIMs that help out partners control their cost of operations. With end-to-end capabilities ranging from mapping platform and navigation solution to tracking and job dispatch, we are pioneers in location based products for the last ten years. Partner of choice for the biggest names in the industry, we aim to educate our customers and grow their business with our solutions.
On this note, we wish you good luck in your pursuit of the perfect fleet management solution.
Demanding customer expectations are proving to be a challenge for logistic providers. Delivery options such as same-day or overnight delivery are becoming more of a mandate than an option.
Fleet management is not only for dispatchers. In fact, it is one of the many pieces that shape the future of new driver technology.